Last updated: 31/01/2022
1. PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
What is personal data? We collect information about you in a range of forms, including personal data. As used in this Policy, “personal data” is as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation, this includes any information which, either alone or in combination with other information we process about you, identifies you as an individual, including, for example, your name and email address. Why do we need your personal data? We will only process your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. This consent provides us with the legal basis we require under applicable law to process your data. You maintain the right to withdraw such consent at any time. When you use our website, we comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
- Kept securely
2. COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may gather the data that you provide voluntarily when you fill in specific sections of our website. When you fill in those sections, you will have been asked to tick to agree to provide this information in order for us to process your data. You may choose not to tick the box, in which case we will not process anything about you. We may collect non-personal information, such as domain name and IP address. The domain name and IP address reveals nothing personal about you other than the IP address from where you accessed our websites. We may collect information about the type of browser you are using, the operating system, from where you accessed our website. We collect this information about you using cookies. If you fill in your details in our contact section, we will use that information to contact you and respond to your questions. If you contact us regarding our website or our services, we may collect any information provided by you to be used as a way of improving our services. We keep your personal data confidential. We will retain your personal information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires. Information from Social Networking Sites. Our Site include interfaces that allow you to connect with social networking sites (each a “SNS”). If you connect to a SNS through our Site, you authorise us to access, use and store the information that you agreed the SNS could provide to us based on your settings on that SNS. We will access, use and store that information in accordance with this Policy. You can revoke our access to the information you provide in this way at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on the applicable SNS.
3. USING YOUR DATA
We are using your data just for our internal purposes, such as evaluating, promoting, and improving our services and websites. Our main aim is to gather this data so that we can provide a customised service. Askham Village Community Limited is committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of their visitors. In particular, we want you to know that we do not share email or any other contact detail lists with other companies and businesses for any purposes. We collect personal information about you only if you voluntarily provide it to us. You can decide not to provide any personal information to us. Occasionally, with your permission and when the context and the purpose ask for them, we will send you by email marketing materials that we consider valuable for you. However, if you come to the conclusion that you no longer want to receive those emails, we will cease sending them to you. You can opt-out from our email database right from the beginning if you wish so. If, at a certain moment, we wish to use your personal data in any other ways that the ones presented in this notice, we will notify you about this and we will wait for your consent to do so. Automated Decision Making and Profiling We do not use your personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making. However, we may do so in order to fulfil obligations imposed by law, in which case we will inform you of any such processing and provide you with an opportunity to object.
We are very attentive to your data and we follow the generally accepted industry standards to protect your information. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We have also developed procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and we will notify you of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
5. SHARING YOUR DATA
We will not sell or provide your information we collect to third parties. We will disclose personal information or/and IP address when required by law.
We may use other companies to serve third-party advertisements when you visit and use the Site. These companies may collect and use click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over during your visits to the Site and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of interest to you. These companies typically use tracking technologies to collect this information. Other companies use of their tracking technologies is subject to their own privacy policies.
8. OUR POLICY ON CHILDREN
Our Site is/are not directed to children under 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable.
9. YOUR CONSENT
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete of inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you have any questions, queries, concerns regarding the way we are using your personal data or if you wish to stop using our services, please contact us on email@example.com. For complaints, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.